Healthy Weight Loss
An effective approach to weight loss and long-term maintenance
Anyone who wants to lose weight and keep it off.
Persons with a BMI > 25, or living with diabetes, hypertension, or any weight-related condition (e.g., sleep apnea).
Anyone who completed bariatric surgery and wants to learn the skills to maintain a healthy weight.
Anyone who has struggled with food and eating behaviors.
Individualized evidence-based training in healthy weight loss and maintenance.
Use of diet meal replacements is optional and available through PAMF's HMR program.
Call to learn about our approach, results, costs and insurance.
Phone: (650) 999-0220
Consult your physician before starting any weight loss program.
Weekly individual sessions focused on intensive skills training:
- Reduce caloric intake using strategies, not willpower
- Reduce dietary fat
- Increase physical activity and motivation
- Improve nutrition with fruits and vegetables
- Learn simple rewarding meal planning and record keeping
The program includes skills for emotional management to promote effective decision-making,
persistence, and relapse recovery.
- Self-image and goal achievement
- Assertiveness to manage influences from family, friends, work
- Resilience, stress management and coping
- Skills to manage impulsiveness, anxiety, and depression
Participants with a diagnosed eating disorder are provided additional support and therapy.
If desired, the program can be coordinated with medical supervision from your physician.