Return to the Table of Contents
GRIEVING & LOSS
- The grief recovery handbook, J. James & F Cherry. HarperPerennial. ISBN: 0-06-091586-2
- The courage to grieve, J. Tatelbaum. Harper & Row, Publishers ISBN: 0-06-091185-9
- What helped me when my loved one died, E. Grollman. Beacon Press. ISBN: 0-8070-3229-8
- Grieving: How to go on living when someone you love dies, T Rando.
Lexington Books. ISBN: 0-669-17021-6
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People, Harold Kushner, Schocken Books, New York, 1981.
This book is extremely helpful for people seeking to find peace in themselves, with God,
and in a world where they have suffered or have been abused or violated. The book is very uplifting, and
shows how to cope with emotional pain and loss. It presents a conceptualization of God that is loving and
nurturing, and not critical or punitive as a way of better accepting ourselves and our place in the world.