Return to the Table of Contents
CO-DEPENDENCY & ENABLING
- Beattie, M. (1987). Codependent No More: How to stop controlling others and
start caring for yourself. Harper/Hazelden, New York. (ISBN 0-06-255446-8)
An excellent book about learning how to stop taking care of others in order to begin
to take care of yourself and learning how to experience oneself.
- Mitchell, J. (1992). Codependent for sure! Parkside Publishing Corp.,
Kansas City. (ISBN 0-8362-7998-0)
This is a book of codependency humor for people learning to become not
codependent. A definite must to lighten up the growth process.
- Friel, J., et al. (1988). Co-Dependency. Health Communications Inc.,
Deerfield Beach , FL. (98 pages; ISBN 0-932194-21-4)
Short and excellent presentation of the concept.
- Snow, C., & Willard, D. (1989).I'm dying to take care of you:
Nurses & codependence, breaking the cycles. Professional Counselor Books, Redmond, WA. (ISBN 0-922352-01-1)
For professional care-takers such as nurses, teachers, and (yes) psychologists.
- Woititz, J. G. (1983). Adult children of alcoholics. Health Communications Inc.,
Deerfield Beach , FL. (ISBN 0-932194-15-X)
An excellent, concise presentation of the topic and issues.
Fax: (855) 999-0220
Services offered via telepsych:
Zoom, FaceTime, WhatsApp, GoToMeeting, Google Meet, MS Teams
Our mailing address:
3860 West Naughton Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002
• Meet our Clinicians
• Learn About Patient Services
• Learn About Provider Services
• Learn About CaseKeepers
Online Therapy Journal
• Log in to CaseKeepers
• Request an Appointment
• Request Information
• Fees and Insurance
• Make a Referral
How to Choose a Psychotherapist
Pay An Invoice
Copyright© 2013-2021 Bay Area Health Psychology. All rights reserved.
This website is for informational purposes only. Information offered in this website does not constitute a professional relationship, advice, or service with or from Bay Area Health Psychology, its providers or affiliates.